Group Reservations Executive
Leisure, School & Sports Group Tours
Joe Walsh Tours is Ireland’s longest established tour operator. Founded in 1961 and with an unsurpassed reputation within our market and industry for quality tours, excellent customer service and highly experienced staff at all levels of the operation, we specialise in everything relating to group travel, from pilgrimages and escorted tours to sports, music holidays and school tours. The Joe Walsh Tours group currently incorporates tour operators Pilgrimages Abroad and Concorde Travel.
We are looking for a Group Reservations Executive to join our team in our Baggot Street Head Office.
The Group Reservations Executive is involved in the general administration of group bookings, liaising with clients and suppliers with a particular emphasis in schools & sports groups.
Other responsibilities include:
- Reacting promptly to customer enquiries
- Identifying new sales leads and making sales calls, following up and closing sales
- Liaising with suppliers at destinations and ensuring all services have been organised accordingly
- Delivering a high level of product information to potential clients or wide audiences
- Liaising with Product Manager to organise proposals and quotes for groups
- Making recommendations based on product demand and pricing where necessary
- Delivering excellent customer service in all stages of the process
- Participating on Sales & Marketing activities, desk based or with direct interaction with clients
- Maintaining existing relationships
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working with group tours and/or organising school and sports tours
- Familiar with key decision makers within schools and sports tour organisers
- Excellent communication skills and ability to create, propose and close sales
- Strong knowledge of popular destinations for school and college tours
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Positive friendly character and excellent customer focus
- Ability to work in a busy environment and as part of a team
- Availability to travel without restriction when required
- Sales oriented with proven record in sales
- Strong computer skills
- Experience of GDS/Galileo/Amadeus is a plus
Position terms & conditions:
- Full time role
- Competitive salary in line with candidates ability and experience
- 20 days annual leave
If you feel you have the above qualifications, skills and experience, please email your CV & cover letter to email@example.com.